
KIERRY AND THE TERRIBLE, HORRIBLE, NO GOOD, VERY BAD DAY
Last night after I went to sleep, Cale went into the kitchen and grabbed some oreos, this morning when I went in to wake him up, he had oreo drool running down his cheek with a pool of oreo drool on his pillow. On my way to wake up Tori, I tripped over her Heely’s. Both children decided they didn’t want to wear the clothes we had picked out for them last night. I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
At breakfast Tori wasn’t paying attention and Max snuck up behind her and ate her whole egg sandwich in one gulp. Cale kept playing and was running out of time to eat breakfast. I could already tell as I was fixing Tori breakfast #2, the kids would be late for school again…which means I will be late also.
When we were half way to school, we realized the children forgot to take their medicine. So, we turned around to go back home, which made us even later. As we pulled up in the carpool line, we realized that the doors had been locked and I had to take the kids to the office, where of course the office staff gave me their dirty looks because they are the type of people who always have a perfect morning. As I sped off to Lenoir Rhyne, I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
As I arrived at school, all the parking places in front were taken. I had to park at least 5 miles from my class. To top it all off, the second I turned off the engine, it began to rain. We are not talking a little rain either. The sky opened up and it started to pour with lightening hitting the ground all around me. Oh, wait guess where my books are? They are in the trunk. I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
I was twenty minutes late to class. I was soaked because even though I had an umbrella, it rained sideways and I don’t think a single inch of me was dry. Then, the teacher gave me the timed quiz, that the rest of the class started 15 minutes ago. He just gave me that look because he always has a perfect morning. Do you think they have schools that start at 12 noon?
At lunch today, I had to study for the test in my next class instead of eating lunch. I don’t know if you are keeping track, but it is 12 o’clock and I still haven’t eaten breakfast.
It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. That’s what it was because after the test I had to drive all the way to Granite Falls, pick up my children 30 minutes early from school (I won’t mention the looks from the office staff) and go to the dentist. I hate the dentist and the sound of their stupid drill. It sends chills right up my spine and makes me want to run away. Next week, I am going to Australia.
As I walked into the waiting room, after paying the dentist to torture me for an hour, there were Tori and Cale, fighting in the midst of strewn around magazines and toys. Apparently, Cale had torn Tori’s magazine. He did that because Tori wouldn’t stop talking to him while he was playing Game boy. As I looked at the chaos, I knew I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I told both the children on the way home, but neither of them answered as they pouted in the back seat.
So, we rushed home and grabbed our gymnastics gear and rushed to gymnastics. We were 15 minutes late to gymnastics, and both kids had to run extra laps because they were late. By the way, it is now 4:45 and I still haven’t had breakfast and I have a ton of homework to do. So, I grabbed a bag of chips and a diet soda out of the vending machine and sat down to do homework. One time when I looked up, I realized Tori was crying. After practice when I asked the coach about it, he gave me a hard time. It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
After practice, we went out to dinner. The restaurant we always go to, started giving smaller portions of fries, but still charged the same amount. I hate that. I wanted more fries. Remember, all I’ve eaten all day was a bag of chips and a diet soda.
We finally got home at 9:00. I sent Tori in to take a shower and she got water all over the floor, so when I went in to get her out, I slipped and fell. That really made me mad. So, I yelled at Tori and then she started crying. I sent Cale to take a shower and he spent 30 minutes on the toilet playing his Game boy. When I went in to check on him, he was bone dry. So, by the time he got out of the shower it was 10:00. I sent him to bed. That’s when the bed time ritual of seeing how many times they can get out of bed before I blow my gasket started. At 11:00, I blew my gasket and by 11:08, both kids were passed out cold. I think I will blow my gasket a lot earlier tomorrow if it means they will be asleep in 8 minutes.
I finally started my homework at 11:09 and I didn’t finish it until 2:00 am. When I got to bed, Charlie and Max were asleep on my pillow. Aaron was snoring like a freight train. The only thing that made me happy was…this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day had finally come to an end.
Tomorrow has definitely got to be a better day.
At breakfast Tori wasn’t paying attention and Max snuck up behind her and ate her whole egg sandwich in one gulp. Cale kept playing and was running out of time to eat breakfast. I could already tell as I was fixing Tori breakfast #2, the kids would be late for school again…which means I will be late also.
When we were half way to school, we realized the children forgot to take their medicine. So, we turned around to go back home, which made us even later. As we pulled up in the carpool line, we realized that the doors had been locked and I had to take the kids to the office, where of course the office staff gave me their dirty looks because they are the type of people who always have a perfect morning. As I sped off to Lenoir Rhyne, I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
As I arrived at school, all the parking places in front were taken. I had to park at least 5 miles from my class. To top it all off, the second I turned off the engine, it began to rain. We are not talking a little rain either. The sky opened up and it started to pour with lightening hitting the ground all around me. Oh, wait guess where my books are? They are in the trunk. I could tell it was going to be a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
I was twenty minutes late to class. I was soaked because even though I had an umbrella, it rained sideways and I don’t think a single inch of me was dry. Then, the teacher gave me the timed quiz, that the rest of the class started 15 minutes ago. He just gave me that look because he always has a perfect morning. Do you think they have schools that start at 12 noon?
At lunch today, I had to study for the test in my next class instead of eating lunch. I don’t know if you are keeping track, but it is 12 o’clock and I still haven’t eaten breakfast.
It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. That’s what it was because after the test I had to drive all the way to Granite Falls, pick up my children 30 minutes early from school (I won’t mention the looks from the office staff) and go to the dentist. I hate the dentist and the sound of their stupid drill. It sends chills right up my spine and makes me want to run away. Next week, I am going to Australia.
As I walked into the waiting room, after paying the dentist to torture me for an hour, there were Tori and Cale, fighting in the midst of strewn around magazines and toys. Apparently, Cale had torn Tori’s magazine. He did that because Tori wouldn’t stop talking to him while he was playing Game boy. As I looked at the chaos, I knew I was having a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day. I told both the children on the way home, but neither of them answered as they pouted in the back seat.
So, we rushed home and grabbed our gymnastics gear and rushed to gymnastics. We were 15 minutes late to gymnastics, and both kids had to run extra laps because they were late. By the way, it is now 4:45 and I still haven’t had breakfast and I have a ton of homework to do. So, I grabbed a bag of chips and a diet soda out of the vending machine and sat down to do homework. One time when I looked up, I realized Tori was crying. After practice when I asked the coach about it, he gave me a hard time. It was a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day.
After practice, we went out to dinner. The restaurant we always go to, started giving smaller portions of fries, but still charged the same amount. I hate that. I wanted more fries. Remember, all I’ve eaten all day was a bag of chips and a diet soda.
We finally got home at 9:00. I sent Tori in to take a shower and she got water all over the floor, so when I went in to get her out, I slipped and fell. That really made me mad. So, I yelled at Tori and then she started crying. I sent Cale to take a shower and he spent 30 minutes on the toilet playing his Game boy. When I went in to check on him, he was bone dry. So, by the time he got out of the shower it was 10:00. I sent him to bed. That’s when the bed time ritual of seeing how many times they can get out of bed before I blow my gasket started. At 11:00, I blew my gasket and by 11:08, both kids were passed out cold. I think I will blow my gasket a lot earlier tomorrow if it means they will be asleep in 8 minutes.
I finally started my homework at 11:09 and I didn’t finish it until 2:00 am. When I got to bed, Charlie and Max were asleep on my pillow. Aaron was snoring like a freight train. The only thing that made me happy was…this terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day had finally come to an end.
Tomorrow has definitely got to be a better day.
Laura, thanks for understanding me and supporting me through days like this. I guess you really do listen when I call you and I am all stressed out. Thanks for being a great friend!

No comments:
Post a Comment