I'm still new to blogging and trying to get into the habit of posting at least once a week. Final exams threw me off, but I'm back! I got my report card for the first summer mini-term: An A in History and a B+ in Economics, phew, I was worried about economics! I have started mini-term two, Spanish and Exceptionalities. I am excited about Exceptionalities, not so much about the Spanish, but I will get through it. I have to if I want to graduate next May!
Tori is still doing really well in swimming. She has been working on improving her strokes and looks better every day. Cale still won't swim for the team, but we have finally got him in the water and he is putting his face in! Yeah! I'm still hoping to get him to compete before the season is over, time will tell!
Our Fourth of July was uneventful, but good. We grilled with friends and had our own fireworks show. Of course, I forgot to take pictures, kinda bummed about that. We had a relaxing day, spent time together as a family, which is rare on recruiting duty, and generally had a good day. Saturday we went to see Aaron's parents and had another relaxing with them. Since my history class last semester, I have gotten interested in genealogy. I knew quite a bit about my family history, but not so much about his. Well, today I got to go through some old albums and look at the family tree. Very interesting. I am excited about digging a little deeper into their history and learning about where Aaron's family comes from, as it stands now, they have Viking roots! Wow huh? They even have a couple of Scottish Kings in their lineage. I am more excited than ever about digging into the past.
I think learning about your past and genealogy helps people to understand where we come from and why we are the way we are. I am German, with Slavic on my dads, moms side. This helps to explain my temperament and preferences. I am still trying to figure out Aaron's history, but I got a good start today. When I put this all together, it will be a great History for my children and hopefully they will treasure knowing where they come from.
New blog!
12 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment