Monday, July 14, 2008

WWWAT


I have decided to participate in this weeks Wordless Wednesday. This is my first attempt, and I am a little later than I planned because I am in school all day. So here goes. This weeks theme is Summer days/July. Check out the other entries here Rachel . July is a very busy month for us, check it out!

July is one of our favorite months. Being that my husband is in the military, we tend to be very patriotic. The fourth of July is one of our favorite holidays! No pictures of fireworks this year, but I did get the flag, where else, but at the pool.

Another favorite thing is the flowers in full bloom. Notice the red, white, and blue pansies? The smell is wonderful as you walk up our front steps.

July is known for its scorching days, last Saturday was one of those as we visited the NC state capital! A great water fountain to we the whistle.

Another favorite thing to do is water fights! It's pretty funny to watch my husband run from my little girl!

A huge part of our summer and July in particular is swimming. Both of my children are on the swim team as well as my good friends children. We practice 3 -4 times a week and have meets twice a week in July!

And you can't go to the pool without the essential supplies......

Don't forget, we celebrate 5 birthdays in the month of July! This is the cake I made for my friend! She's really 40, but you would never know it.

Both my children have birthdays in July as well. We celebrated Cale's tonight. Tori's is in 7 days, my friends daughters birthday in 11 days. Plus another close friend we celebrate with in July too! Whew! I am broke in July! And you thought Christmas was bad!



I hope your July is as fun as ours! Have a great summer!

7 comments:

HIS daughter said...

Looks like a great summer so far!
Blessings and great pictures btw :)
~Katy

Rene said...

Great pics!! I'm going to put you on my subscriptions list -- sounds like we have a lot in common as I've read your posts. My son (18 today!) is a competitive swimmer as well. He just finished up his HS swim career and is starting his masters career. I have some posts back in April and May about his swimming -- he did great this year and placed really well at the state meet.

Muthering Heights said...

It looks like your family is having a great summer!

Unknown said...

Great pictures! Nothing better than swimming on a hot NC day. Thanks for participating and try to stay cool - these NC summers are killer!

Rachel said...

Sorry, that was me. Wring account! :)

Amanda @ notsoextraordinary said...

i remember water fights like they were yesterday... they're not quite the same when you're a full grown adult LOL!

Unknown said...

Love the running away from the squirt gun picture! Looks like a fabulous summer for y'all.

Our (immediate) family will all have birthdays between July 5 & Aug 11. Thank goodness that right now the girls are happy with a joint party!